Paris has clearly set the tone for this post! Despite all the romanticism that surrounds the eternal city of love, Paris is also known for being “très chic” and most French women are somehow expected to wear both stylish and sophisticated outfits.
Indeed, it isn’t easy to pull that off every single day, but if you are a common girl from any other city in the world, here you have some recommendations you might find useful when aiming at such status… being and feeling “très chic”!
- prefer clothes in neutral colours – back or white, although you may also include some navy and denim. These will make it easier for you to mix and match your pieces while leaving some space to accessories;
- use stripped or Polka-dot patterns in neutral colours when aiming at the Parisian and sophisticated style, but make sure you keep it simple!
- avoid figure-hugging or baggy fit clothes and prefer instead A-line skirts or dresses, high-waisted trousers and blouses;
- you may include some slim jeans with a top, blouse or a t-shirt, but be aware of the proportions!! Don’t go too tight on top if you’re wearing slim jeans;
- wear blazers and structured jackets to add sophistication and attitude to your look without thinking too much… they are a girl’s best friend!
- Finally, jazz it up with the right accessories, shoes and jewelery but avoid messy looks… once again the golden rule: less is more!